Saturday, February 21, 2015

Saveur

Craving for French fine dining while you are in Singapore but your wallet is crying? You won't believe you can have it there. Thanks for my local Singapore counterparts Ilona Loo, Yingming Cheng and Henry Agus for recommending this restaurant. I had lunch here when I was visiting Singapore last December. Reading from internet review, this place always crowded and has long queue. That's why I went there before their opening time at 11.30am. But guess what? Tadaaaaa...there was no queuing at all. This might because I came on weekday and during lunch time. Could be different if it's on weekend and dinner. Second guess maybe because they are now opening their new concept restarant called Saveur Art at ION Orchard and people are moving to that place.

It was quite easy to locate this restaurant. It located right in the front shop of the Far East Plaza at Scotts Road next to KFC. They have other branch at Purvis Street at Bugis but there they only accept reservation.

Foie Gras with Creamy Lentils - SGD 7.90++

I couldn't believe I had my first experience on foie gras in Singapore. I've been waiting to taste this dish since long ago but I am waiting for the perfect restaurant for this. Despite of its horrible preparation story, I must admit that this is heaven dish. It was melted in my mouth. Unbelieveble!
The dish was only 2x2 cm cubes. So badly want to have more. Maybe next time I can order the other variant of this menu, with Apple and Raisin.




Duck Confit - SGD 12.90++

Where on earth you could find nice Duck Confit for only SGD 12.90? Even here in Jakarta the cheapest Duck Confit I know is around IDR 200K. The duck was cooked to perfection and so crispy outside. The best part was the mashed potatoes. I couldn't remember when was I had delicious mashed potatoes. It was long ago at Chili's Sarinah Jakarta. This dish is a must order in Saveur from what I read on internet review. And I really saw every table must have this menu when I was there.



Pan Seared Seabass - SGD 14.90++

This menu was also recommended dish in their menu list. The fish was so moist and fatty. Below the fish, there was cubes fried potatoes and the sauce serving around the dish. It was OK, but as compared to the duck, this dish is less value for money.



I was so satisfied with this restaurant. I can consider to come back again. Maybe to their new concept restaurant at ION Orchard when I visit Singapore again.

Bon Appetit!

Saveur
#01-07B Far East Plaza
14 Scotts Road, Singapore 228213
+65 6736 1121
Business hours : 11:30 am – 9:30 pm

No comments: