Saturday, April 18, 2015

Lapo Ni Tondongta

Let's review something different and extremist this time. This time I'm featuring Bataknese food. Why I call extreme food? Because some of their dishes are made from dog meat and cooked with its blood. Yeay!

The Bataknese food is usually available at what they call Lapo or Warung Makan in Bahasa. Simply translated as small restaurant in English. Because usually the place is indeed a small restaurant and sometimes doesn't have sign board, because they serve dog meat and pork which are haram food for Moslem. The most famous Lapo in Jakarta is Lapo Ni Tondongta, simply means Warung Sahabat or Best Friend's Restaurant. The main branch is located at Jalan Pramuka, but I am their regular customer of the other branch in Puri Indah.

As I mentioned before, their dishes are mainly dog meat and pork. But they also have others like fish, chicken and vegetables, but not popular. The locals call the dishes by B1 and B2, where B1 is dog meat and B2 is pork. My favorite dish here is Saksang B2. I tried Saksang B1 once long ago, but I didn't like it because the meat was a bit tough.

Saksang B2 is pork, chopped in cubes, and cooked with its blood, made the appearance is a bit like rendang in Padang food. Taste soooo delicious. I don't even smell the blood taste. The blood actually enrich the taste in my opinion. A must-try dishes for pork lover. Other famous pork dishes here but I don't really like is their Panggang B2 or Roasted Pork Chop. In my opinion, Chinese roasted pork in Chinese Mix Rice is more delicious. But for others who don't like or disgusted by the blood, they usually come here to enjoy Panggang B2. Both Saksang and Panggang B2 was priced at IDR 20K per portion.

Their other dishes are Sop B2 (pork soup), Arsik (fish, similar to fish curry), chopped cassava leaves, etc. And I heard that their dishes are using Andaliman leaves as one of the ingredients, which only grows at Bataknese home land in North Sumatra. Anyone dare to try this extreme food? Well, I'm a fan of them.
Food - 9/10
Cleanliness - 5/10
Service - 8/10
Ambiance - 6/10
Price/Value - 7/10

Lapo Ni Tondongta (Puri Indah Branch)
Jl Pesanggrahan No.9 Puri Indah
Jakarta Barat
+62-21-32462758
Business Hours : Mon to Sun 11am - 3pm

No comments: