Saturday, May 23, 2015

Smokey Ribs

Last week, I managed to meet up with my college friends Abby Limantoro, Elia Kurniawan and Dewi Fransiska who also known as Trio Kwek-Kwek of TIB'96 Trisakti. Haha. We were struggling to choose the meet up place at PIK as this area has many restaurants and hang out place. Our choice finally fell to Smokey Ribs, because we were looking for the restaurant which only exist at PIK and Elia was craving for a one fine Ribs after a fail restaurant meet up at Sizzler.

Actually, I've already aware of this restaurant since the moment PIK was not very known as a new hip culinary area. I always want to try, but never had a chance. Now I heard they successfully spread their wings to Medan. First impression when I enter the restaurant, it was quite cozy, reminds me of the old TGI Friday's at Aston Hotel at Kebon Kacang in the 90's. Quite love the ambiance here. We order two appetizers as well as two main courses to be shared among four of us.

Chicago Beef Ribs - IDR 239K++ (Large)

The meal was consist of three cuts of short beef ribs. Actually, I never like short ribs as it's quite difficult to cut and the meat is not much after so much effort to cut it. Also I feel that short ribs has bones larger than the meat. So, not one of my favorite. The only plus was that the BBQ sauce as a dipping was quite decent.


Smokey Baby Back Ribs - IDR 240K++ (Large)

Baby back ribs is my fave dish if I dine at Tony Roma's. I know it was not fair to compare between these two because of the price, however, I can tell that baby back ribs here was not good enough. The meat have less fats and it made the meat was too dry. But compared to the Chicago Beef Ribs, I prefer this Baby Backs.

Service was good. I was in the situation when the electricity went off, and the waiters was sending an apology and explaining the situation. Although the food was not meet my expectation, I always remember the old saying of "Good friends and good laugh always make a good food".

Thanks for the talks and sharing, girls!

Food - 6/10
Cleanliness - 10/10
Service - 9/10
Ambiance - 9/10
Price/Value - 5/10

Smokey Ribs
Ruko Crown Golf, Blok B No. 10-11, Bukit Golf Mediterania
Jl Marina Indah Raya, Pantai Indah Kapuk
Jakarta Utara
+62-21-70710955
Business Hours : Mon to Sun 11am - 10pm

No comments: