Friday, July 24, 2015

TGI Fridays

I have deep memories with this restaurant chains. TGI Fridays was my dating place with my wife before we got married about a decade ago. Most of our important events such as birthdays and anniversary were celebrated here. We felt a loss when they decided to close their last outlet in Taman Ria Senayan. Thanks to celebrity couple BCL and Ashraf Sinclair who brought this chains back to Indonesia a few years ago in Lippo Mall Kemang. Now they have two other branches in Jakarta at Pondok Indah Mall and Lippo Mall Puri. To bring back our memories, today we visit their outlet at Lippo Mall Puri.

There was not much different in terms of decoration as compared to their old outlet. I already feel familiar with it when I walk my feet inside the restaurant. I ordered my most favorite menu which was still available now, Jack Daniel's Steak.

Jack Daniel's Steak - IDR 259K++ (Aussie's Beef, Medium Rare)

The 10 oz striploin steak was served with two choices of side dishes. Grilled with the famous Jack Daniel's whiskey. Upon serving, the servant was asking us to check whether the doneness was already correct according to our order. I'm not sure whether this was for the sake of formality, or to be true that we can refuse the dishes and ask to change to new one if the doneness was not correct. To my opinion, this was quite a risky policy to apply to Indonesian. Since I have to take picture of my dish first, I didn't want to cut the meat to check the doneness. So what did I do? I just touch the meat with my knife. The experts said that the medium rare meat will feel bouncy like we touch our cheek. Quite simple, right?

And it was confirmed that they got the doneness correct when I cut the beef. Not over or undercooked for a medium rare steak. It was just perfect. However, the beef was not too tender. Possibly because I ordered Aussie's beef. My suggestion is to go for the USDA Choice Meat for more tender option, although you have to look more deeper in your pocket for this choices. I forgot how was it like 10 years ago, but the Jack Daniel's sauce is too sweet to my liking now. The side dishes were just okay.

We were more satisfied simply because of the memories, rather than the food. I must admit that my taste and tongue has already changed. I will end this review with my photo collections of TGI Fridays all over the world. From top left clockwise : TGIF Queensbay Mall Penang, TGIF Orchard Road Singapore, TGIF Lippo Mall Puri Jakarta, and TGIF Pavilion Mall Kuala Lumpur.

TGI Fridays, in here, it's always Friday.

Food - 7/10
Cleanliness - 10/10
Service - 9/10
Ambiance - 9/10
Price/Value - 7/10

TGI Fridays
Lippo Mall Puri Unit UG-65
Jl. Puri Indah Blok U1
Puri Indah CBD
Jakarta 11610
+62-21-29111173
Business Hours : Mon to Sun 10am-10pm

No comments: