Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Zenbu: House of Mozaru

Zenbu has spread their wings by opening their new branch at Central Park Mall recently. Celebrating their opening, they offered 20% discount on all Food starting from October 1-11, which I think was an interesting offer. That's why I went to this restaurant 3 times during their promotional period. Basically, Zenbu offered almost complete range of Japanese food, from street food like Okonomiyaki until more premium ones. It ranging from Ramen, Udon, Teppanyaki, Katsu, Donburi, Yakimeshi, Omurice and also Sushi. Their signature menu was Mozaru which for me was more like Japanese baked rice.

Let's have a look at the dishes that I tried during the 3 visits.

Chicken Mozaru (Regular) - IDR 59K++

As I mentioned, Mozaru is like a Japanese baked rice, topped with melted mozzarella cheese.

I ordered Chicken Mozaru. Other than chicken, they have other type of Mozaru such as Beef, Mushroom, Seafood, Gindara, Salmon and the most expensive was Unagi. For the rice we can choose between Curry rice, Butter rice and Spaghetti. For the sauce, choose between Tomato, Butter and Dynamite. This time I choose Dynamite since the waiter recommend that as the most favourite. According to him, Dynamite sauce was spicy mayo. Taste wise, I kinda didn't like it. I think the baked rice at Hong Kong Cafe was more delicious. The taste was too ordinary.

Chicken Omurice - IDR 59K++

For those who didn't know, omurice is rice wrapped with omelette.

The choice of omurice in Zenbu ranging from Chicken, Beef, Salmon and Gindara. I choose chicken omurice. The chicken katsu was very well cooked and quite thick in size. The curry sauce was also perfectly seasoned and not to strong in terms of the smell, typical of Japanese curry. Comparing to the Mozaru, I prefer this omurice. We can choose the rice as well, whether it's Shoyu, Tomato or Curry.

Beef Teppanyaki - IDR 69K++

The third dish that I tried was the Beef Teppanyaki.

I was quite surprise with the serving size of the teppanyaki. I think it's enough for two person. Aside of the sliced beef, there was also vegetables, beansprout, corn and half cooked sunny side up served on the hot teppan. This tasted delicious. I choose the sweet sauce and it blended perfectly with the ingredients. Other choice of sauce was spicy sauce. We can have the rice and Miso soup as well for an additional of IDR 20K. Their signature teppanyaki was Wagyu beef teppanyaki.

Chicken Furai - IDR 35K++

For me this was just an ordinary chicken katsu with no special taste. The taste was similar to what Hokben has, but with bigger size. We can have an additional sunny side up for IDR 8K. The extra crunch on top of the katsu didn't help much.

Dynamite Roll Sushi - IDR 85K++

I ordered this fushion sushi because of the dynamite sauce as mentioned by the waiter.

There was also nothing special in the sushi. Inside the roll was unagi and some veggie topped with dynamite sauce. The sushi rice was too soft and too sticky to my liking. Taste wise it was okay.

As a restaurant which offered complete variety of Japanese food, Zenbu was worth to try if you want to have all kinds of Japanese in one place. What interesting was they also served Modanyaki, the less popular Japanese street food as compared to Okonomiyaki. It's more or less similar to Okonomiyaki, but instead of veggie filling, Modanyaki filling was noodle. As I mention, this restaurant are worth to try, at least once in your life.

Food - 7/10
Cleanliness - 10/10
Service - 8/10
Ambiance - 8/10
Price/Value - 7/10

Zenbu: House of Mozaru
Central Park Mall
Lower Ground Floor (Next to Bonchon)
Jakarta Barat
Business Hours : Mon to Sun 10am-10pm

No comments: